Saturday, December 23, 2006

Story: How to be a bad customer

I worked service bar tonite. If you haven't ready any of my previous posts, service bar sucks. Not only are you required to churn out every drink for the 3-6 servers (depending on time) you are also the first well people come to when entering the club.

I was weeded. See two posts down. I ended up ringing $2500 (300+ more than the day drawer). And I made a majority of the server drinks.

As the special ($2 Any Drink) comes to an end, the bar becomes nuts as every person tries to get in that last Goose and Cranberry (or what have you).

Tonite, I split equal time among customers and servers. I would take 3-6 customer orders and then crank out 5-10 server tickets. Well, apparently someone didn't like that.

When I'm working at this station, I go left to right, serving all of the customers at the bar and then making all of the server drinks that have stocked up on my printer. I started with a nice Indian (dot, not feather) man who wanted two margaritas and then proceeded down the line. Having taken care of the first round of patrons, I moved to server drinks. Suddenly, one of the Indian man's friends (or co-workers, or whatever) is waving his Coors Light bottle around like it is on fire.

I did what I always do. Ignore everyone (or, if they manage to make eye contact with me, give them the one second, I'll be right with you gesture). Well, this guy got increasingly belligerant. he was waving the bottle around and slamming it on the bar.

Finally, I had enough.

"Hold the fuck on. I'll get to you when I can!" came roaring out of my mouth. The man seemed aghast. Wait? What is that?

I manged to dig myself out of the server weeds and when I finally got to the man he asked for his check. Awesome. Get the fuck out of my bar. He left a $0 tip on a whopping $16.25 check.

Hey asshole, learn some manners. Wait your goddamn turn. And if it is so important for you to get a drink, have your friend order all of them when he is standing at the bar.

And honestly folks, don't seriously try to get a beer from the service bartender. His main job is to get the cute girls who you love to gawk at, their drinks.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

you are a serious douche...you'll do fabulous with oc locals. GOOD LUCK!!!

8:27 PM  
Blogger Steven Dodd said...

I enjoyed reading your journal. Good luck with whatever current endeavors you have.

8:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Free Hit Counters